Payments for examination fees may be made by:
- cash or card in person when you visit the College
- card over the telephone
No charge is made for payments by debit card. Credit cards incur an extra 3% charge. Please note that cheques are not accepted.
Your entry will be processed when your application form has been received and the fee has been paid. You are strongly advised to submit your form and pay the fee well before the closing date for applications.
Your fees cover:
- an Examination Centre – open for advice and exam applications throughout the year
- suitable accommodation for the exam sessions
- the processing of individual exam requirements, from application through to certification
- the maintenance of a computer network and its online internet system to administer examinations.
Fees also include:
- examination entry fees, which are set by the awarding bodies. These fees are passed directly to them.
- invigilation fees, providing the correct level of supervision and support before, during and after the exam sessions.
- additional fees, covering the extra provision of Science practicals, Modern Language oral tests, Controlled Test administration and coursework marking, which apply only to some candidates.
Note: Late entry and amendment fees can be charged by Macclesfield Tutorial College and by the examination boards to cover the extra work involved, often carried out at short notice.
Please note that
- cheques are not accepted
- all fees must be received at least three weeks prior to your first examination
- we accept payment of fees up until the day prior to the examination but a late fee will be incurred
- we reserve the right to withdraw permission to sit examinations or to withhold results and certificates if accounts are not fully paid